Saturday, April 26, 2008

So Close...

Less than one week until I am DONE. I can't wait. I can't even fully comprehend this. Life just blurs together, and eventually the stress is over. There's always a new stress, though. It forces me to really appreciate the brief seconds in between stresses. I'm looking forward to having time to sleep, run, and write every day. That's what I love about the beginning of summer--everything seems so free. It isn't long before I get used to it, though, and the days slip away just as fast and I am not even doing half of what I used to. I guess, it's important to have a little time to not be too hard on myself. It's not really the kind of thing that turns on and off at my command.

I stayed up all night for the first time in a long time. I lost track of time talking to a friend. I am exhausted, but I don't really mind. I was just talking with my roommate about how after I recover from the stress and sleeplessness of exams, I realize that I did have some fun in between the chaos, and I forget the emotional exhaustion. My retrospective view is like, "oh wow, that was so fun when I stayed up all night talking to a friend, or when I worked an event for WPI until 2am." Even though, directly afterward, I only notice how tired I am. In the long run, I'm always glad I do stuff like that.

I left my phone at my friend's house. It's strange, because at times I think about wanting to call people, but others it is nice to be out of reach from the world. I think I might go to bed early, because I have not done half of the studying that I should have thus far. Tomorrow will be an intense study day. I have a picnic for the former WPI president to attend. I hope the weather holds out. It says it's supposed to rain.

I found out today that my essay about confessional memoirs is going to be published in the literary journal run by grad students here at school. I looked through the last issue, and there was only one undergrad student in there, and there were writers from all over the country. I'm really honored and excited that mine was selected. It's my first official publication that I will be able to list when I try to get other things published. It's so exciting.

I don't know what my point of this entry was. I meant to be contemplative, but I'm so tired that I'm having trouble. I thought it would be good to update, because Adam was just saying how he doesn't like when people don't update their blog, and my friend and I were talking about blogging last night/ this morning. I know I will do better in the summer. One more week and I'll be there!

No comments: