Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Cliff

This is one of ten poems for my final portfolio. I'm posting it because it was an experimental style for me, and I liked it. It's going to be a late night finishing all of these poems and papers to go with it! I'm all done tomorrow, though!

The Cliff

Kiss rocks cutting
each toe before jumping.
Your mother’s not
here to stop you
from licking blackberries
oozing with death and sex.
Seduce God because
heroin addicts do
find needles in haystacks.
Clench sheets, moan, manipulate
your maker, leaving
me a mouthful of prayers
I’ll vomit on the ceiling.

1 comment:

Kriegmaschine said...

I think your last reading of this one was my favorite, if not solely because I was the only one actually listening to what you were saying as opposed to that you were saying something.

I almost came back to school today to grab stuff I forgot ('cause I'm an idiot), thus I almost called you again to say "Hey! Wanna get Chinese?" But I ended up having to do crap, so it'll have to wait for tomorrow.