Monday, April 26, 2010

Bird by Bird

As Anne Lamott says, I'm taking it Bird by Bird. She talks about her brother doing this crazy overwhelming Bird Project when they were younger. Her brother was freaking out and their dad said, "Just take it bird by bird." I thought I'd be up all night doing this long paper, but I am at a stopping point where I only need to type 400 more words. That's nothing compared to what I've already typed. I am stuck, which is a problem, but even if I don't make it to the desired word count, I am at a place where I won't fail this paper. It's a huge paper, and it's worth a lot. I am so overwhelmed that I can't realistically shoot for success. I just need to get by, so I'm taking it bird by bird. Paper by paper, book by book, exam by exam, incomplete by incomplete. It makes me feel like I can't breathe if I think about all of that, so I don't. I think about it day by day.

It's hard to have much insight or passion when I'm so worn out. I apologize for not staying in touch with everyone like I would like to, but I am thankful for all of your support.

I'm trying to be optimistic even though school is crapping all over me right now. I can't wait for summer.

1 comment:

Albert said...

Hang in there Aimee it will be summer soon.