Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Little Droplets

Things are going well. Just okay most days, but what really excites me is that I have good days--days where I can stop and think, "today was a good day." Poetry has been going okay. The portfolio is in the getting-feedback-stage. I think it's important I keep my creative outlets open.

Last Thursday, I had a great day. There was no particular reason, and it was a rainy day. I left early for everything, when normally I am power-walking, running late. I walked slowly with my pink polka dot umbrella (thanks, Mom). I was reminded how beautiful our campus is. There were little droplets hanging from leaves and flower petals. I listened to jazz music and enjoyed the rain.

The apartment is much homier this year. We have plenty of seating in the living room, and I just bought a great Beatles poster. It's not one of the cliche ones, but instead it's of the four of them dressed up in suits. John and Paul are shaking hands and laughing Plus, Leslie bought some modern looking flowers with feathers in the back ground. We have Buddha sitting on top of my carefully organized book shelf, and a nice dining room table. My friend that claims she can feel people's energy says that both my apartment and I have a new energy. She says I look like a completely different person than I was. I don't know if I believe in reading energies, but she sure is right about me being a totally different person than I was a year ago.

2 comments:

Albert said...

Glad you're doing well.

LaUra said...

Keep up the good work, Aimster. You deserve happiness.