Sunday, July 06, 2008

Blue Skies

Life is good. This weekend was wonderful. I'm always surprised at how much the weather influences my mood. For example, I was feeling down Wednesday night and even some of Thursday, but the combination of having perfect weather all weekend plus spending time with my entire family, including Adam, was great.

I am working more on my fictional short story, and it is getting better. I'm really surprised and pleased, because I haven't finished a fictional short story since last summer. CRAZY.

On the fourth, a close friend had a breakdown and we were both car-less, so we met up to walk at midnight. We walked (and sat by a statue at a local college) until after 2AM. It was a beautiful night. The weather was perfect, the stars were out, and I could feel the love. It's funny, because friendships are so powerful, yet they are so normal and unappreciated until moments where we realize how much we need them. My friend had an awful night; I was worried about her, but it felt really good to just be with her and acknowledge her suffering. I want to write about it sometime, because it was a really moving evening. I'm not articulating it very well here, but I'm not motivated enough to play around with words and describe it better. I'm not much of a writer this evening, I guess.

I have tomorrow off. I plan to run, do laundry, and catch up on errands. It won't be the most fun day off, but it's still a day off. I'm feeling anxious lately. I think I just want to get moved in and back to school. It's not that I'm unhappy here, it's just that it's getting harder to live this double life. I established more of a life at school this year, and to be away from that, and try to fit into my old life--when all of my old friends are either not here, busy, different, have boyfriends, etc... I'm not upset about any of those, because that's natural, but it just makes me feel like I fit in better up at school in my new life rather than my old one. It's hard going back and forth, but I do enjoy coming home to escape everything during the year.

This entry is rather bland. I felt the need to update, because the longer I wait, the harder it gets to write anything. It's all about the writing practice and discipline. Here's my half-assed attempt at discipline.

No comments: