Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update

Life is good. This is my last week of work, and it has been fabulous. I really love these kids. I'm looking forward to being done with work, but I will miss these kids. They all have such unique personalities that I have grown to love. Today one boy, who dances a lot anyway, was dancing out-of-control. It was hilarious. Everywhere we went, he danced. The best part about his dancing, is that it is so free-spirited. He is not self-conscious yet, which is funny, because I think it must be around the age of 5-7 where self-consciousness is slowly making its way into the picture. For example, one of my favorite boys today would not participate in this silly song/dance we do together. He stood there like he was too cool the whole time. However, "Dancing Boy", of course, got into it with his entire body. I told him that I like that he dances so much; it makes me happy. He does the "rock on" symbol with his hands and even plays air-guitar. I had to scold him for being too loud in line. He kept playing air-guitar, and making loud noises of "Bah Bah Bah Maaaahhhhh!" That was his guitar attempt. 

I had a nice time hanging out with Leslie and Alicia last night. I hadn't seen them in weeks, which is rare for us. I'm getting excited to move back to school, and I am feeling better about living with Leslie the more we talk about it. She's nervous and excited about transferring, and I'm looking forward to being able to show her around and help her out. Two people I work with will be freshman there this year, and I am looking forward to being able to make their transition easier. Especially the one, because she seems hesitant about it, like I was. I forget how awful Freshman year was until I start looking at people going into it, and then I feel pity for them. It makes me want to reach out to them in such a difficult transition. Although, I'm aware that many people will not have nearly as difficult of a transition as I did,  it is hard for everyone.

Things are going well with my project. I've received a few submissions, more positive feedback, and am getting some great research done from different anthologies on mental health. I'm reading Poets on Prozac right now, and I love it. There are so many unique and articulate ideas about creativity and mental health problems.

I'm tired. I need to answer some questions about my project for people, so I need to go. I needed to blog, though. When I wait to blog, I don't have time to get to insightful ideas, because I am trying to scratch the surface of my thoughts. I've actually had a few insightful/creative ones lately, but I haven't been writing or blogging enough to really grasp them. I'm working on it. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: