Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Complaining

If you don't like complaining, don't read this. Everything hurts. My head, my body, my spirit. I think I'm sick. It doesn't help that I was already worn down and burnt out. 

I've been laying in bed a lot. It's hard to go to class. I also haven't felt like eating (but I make myself do it anyway). This scares me, because it's classic textbook depression symptoms, but I have to believe Im just physically sick. I've been working so hard to keep my mental health in check. I've been doing such a good job at staying in control. I find it hard to believe I could just randomly fail without some tragedy coming along. There has been no major tragedy, nothing to set this episode off. I might just be sick. I'm going to keep resting and taking vitamin C. We'll see what happens. I have awesome friends and family, though, who keep checking on my progress. I'm probably just sick.

I wish I could use this non-productive time to write and free my mind and spirit. Instead I just lay in bed. I'm tired and everything hurts. 

4 comments:

merenwen said...

Hey Aimee -
I'm sorry to hear that. I pray that you feel better.
And, you don't need to thank me. I didn't really help you... But you did. And I'm grateful for that.

P.S. - Short comments are usually more powerful coz they convey much more in fewer words, so, never hesitate to make another short comment! They mean a lot to me and I look forward to those! :)

merenwen said...

P.P.S - I think it's ok to complain too. That's all I do on my blog too!

Mrs L said...

The complaining through writing is a good way to vent. You know how therapeutic that is, right?

Hang in there.....only a few more weeks of the semester.

I hope you get to feeling better. I can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

i too force myself, as well as have been laying in bed and napping excessively. and class...well, who ever wants to go to class?
the whole being depressed without having a trigger, i'm trying to figure that one out myself. it's good that youre moniotoring your progress, but at the same time, it's okay to fall every once in awhile. if you can't feel the full array of human emotions, you might start to feel not human. as long as you can pull yourself back out of the depression, i don't think there's too much to worry about. but if you keep feeling like you're faking...we might have a problem little buddy.
~steph