Monday, February 23, 2009

Stuck on Patience

I'm too busy. I turn 21 this weekend. I go to Spain in less than two weeks. I'm getting impatient with my medication. They are switching it again. It makes me impatient with myself. It makes me impatient with others. Most times, patience is a good thing. I think there are a few times when it's not. I tried to find some quotes about it just because I don't have time to be insightful. Why not let others say it for me?


"It is very strange that the years teach us patience - that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting." --Elizabeth Taylor 

"Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice."--George Jackson

"There will be a time when loud-mouthed, incompetent people seem to be getting the best of you. When that happens, you only have to be patient and wait for them to self destruct. It never fails." --Richard Rybolt

"Patience is the companion of wisdom."--Saint Augustine 

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew." --Saint Francis de Sales 

"You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience."--Stanislaw J. Lec 

"Patience: A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue."  --Ambrose Bierce

"To develop patience, you need someone who willfully hurts you. Such people give us real opportunities to practice tolerance. They test our inner strength in a way that even our guru cannot. Basically, patience protests us from being discouraged." -Dalai Lama

No comments: