Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Just Looking for Some Inspiration

I haven't blogged anything real for a while. I don't have anything in particular on my mind. I guess I will just go off on random tangents for the sake of blogging, not that I don't do that anyway. Thursday is my last day of work. I am going to miss it a lot, but the good news is I will get to sleep in and get paid for Friday. Tonight we had a staff dinner and it was really a great time. It is like nothing I have ever experienced, that is getting paid for doing something I enjoy.

I leave for South Dakota in a week. It doesn't seem possible that the trip should be that soon. When I come home from S Dakota, then April will be home from Boston too. I hope to get a couple of spiritual meetings in with her before I leave for school. That was our original plan, but we have kind of lost contact with first her cousin dying, then my grandma dying, then all of her class work on top of it...we have barely kep in touch. I have a lot of great discussion ideas and questions to explore so I hope we still have time to meet before I leave. Adam and I had some great spiritual discussion on Friday evening. I think it was one of our best ones yet. As for the rest of my spiritual life, I have not been going to church recently. I have been taking a break to just think. I needed to do something like that. I sometimes feel like everyone gets so caught up in labels of religion or lack there of, that sometimes I need to have moment where I ignore everything that normally comes to mind with my spiritual thoughts. I ignore all of the guilt, confusion, and any attempt at humility...in those moments I reevaluate things and I think they are benneficial for my spiritual growth...as self-centered as they may be. I think I need to just listen to my heart sometimes, not to sound cliche, and forget everything else. After I sort out things in my personal life, then I can get back to trying to have faith. I look at it, as if I am a mess...then I can't help anyone feel better either. I have to help myself before I can help anyone. I have just been working on my own happiness. I am doing okay at it too.

I have much more that I should blog about, but I am tired and I have no more desire to write. I guess, in this whole taking care of myself thing I am done.

No comments: