Monday, August 27, 2007

blah.

This year is going to be better. I can tell for many reasons. I am not depressed, I know more people, I know my way around, and I am used to being away from home. I am still feeling lonely though, because I was so fortunate this summer. I had so many friends old and new around every day. It’s not a depressing loneliness, because it is more of me sitting alone and reflecting on what great memories I have from this summer. I miss everyone tremendously. I really got used to being in a group after my week with the people from Pine Ridge and here. It’s strange not being in an environment where I am surrounded by people. I have actually had a lot of great reflection time alone, which I was in need of with it being so hard to come by at home.

Classes started up today and I am especially looking forward to my Religion and Psychology class. My professor has written a book called, “Minds and Gods,” he studies cognitive science and from what I have read thus far he is brilliant. I knew he was a great professor, because I had him last semester, but this book is fantastic and I am excited to learn about it from him in person. In his book he talks about how religion is taken as some “special form of thinking” that is different from any other thought processes. He makes it clear that the mind is amazing in every sense and that religion is no different than any of the other amazing things the minds does, so in that case he asks why can’t we study why our minds think about religion and deities. He warned it is a secular view, but that even if one disagrees he says you will learn so much about yourself, because it is all about our minds and how they work. I think it will be a fantastic class that I can apply to my everyday life.

I don’t have a particular topic to blog about, but I do want to let everyone from the Omega group who has started reading this (or been reading it in Ryan’s case) how much I miss our group and the feeling of love from everyone. I knew it was special when I was in the moment, but the whole overused expression of “you don’t know what you got until it’s gone,” has once again proved itself true, because I didn’t realize just how special and amazing it was until I have had all of this time to myself to realize how much I miss everyone.

I am hoping to bring all of the ways I grew over the summer up to school with me, which is pretty hard considering the few friends I do have up here are not very interested in my growth. I am excited to meet with a couple of different people up here that I know will appreciate my growth and encourage it. They are both older though so I guess they aren’t threatened by change and can encourage me to keep evolving, while it might scare people who rely on me for security if I am not so sturdy and rocking the boat a bit myself.

I feel like this is a boring blog entry, so I guess I will stop and try to do a better one soon. I should put more thought into it, but I am tired and my computer is hot, which is making me sweat.

No comments: