Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Getting By

I'm still working very hard to be healthy. I am proud of myself for this. My therapist mentioned that maybe I shouldn't be in school, but I think I can handle it--just not sure about making up work from the semester before.

I finally signed up for a Spanish tutor today. I don't know why I put it off so long. I'm glad I finally did it, though. I am supposed to be writing, so I can't blog much. It had just been a while, and I have had a lot on my mind. Therapy is good at stirring up old issues and then you work to gain a new perspective on it.

I'm skipping a meeting right now. It's for my English club. I want to go to a slam poetry reading instead. I could make both, but that would leave me no time for writing, which is my homework. I am reading a poem or two at a beautiful park up here for a program called, "Art Day in the Park." Should be fun. I'm the only undergraduate, though, and the poems are not fully written yet, so I hope I can have something solid to read. It's supposed to be inspired by the park.

I wiped out pretty hard core on my skateboard Sunday night. It wasn't my fault. I was going down one of those ramp-like drops in the sidewalk before it turns to asphalt. I had my center of balance low, because the asphalt was all torn up. I was expecting to fall. BUT, I made it onto the asphalt and it was slowing me down, so I relaxed and got thrown off the skateboard, bouncing forward on my stomach. I have a nice bruise on my stomach, some scrapes on my hand, and a nice bruise on most of my right kneecap. It really could have been a lot worse. It didn't hurt too much. I got up and said, "Skate on." Laura laughed, but we still walked the rest of the way home. When I get some money saved up, I should buy a helmet.

I'm off to write for real.

No comments: