Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Forced Update #2

Again, I have no desire to blog or any idea about what I will say. I'm sunburned and tired from spending a day in the sun at a lake traveling fast speeds. I learned how to drive a jet ski, got up to over 50 mph on a few different occasions. It's nice to be reminded my anxiety doesn't control me as much as I think it does somedays. Tubing behind the jet ski was exhausting. My entire body is sore.

I'm having trouble getting motivated to study for my exam coming up next week. I just don't value standardized tests. I've been let down by them far too many times, so I learned that I can't let them tell me about my intelligence level. A lot of creative people I know have similar experiences. That's probably why so many of the top MFA programs do not require the GRE. Although, I want to apply to as many schools as possible so that I have a better chance of receiving funding. I don't want something as trivial as a standardized test score to keep them from giving my writing a chance.

I broke a giant leaf off my aloe plant to rub on my sunburn. That thing is a monster. My mom suggests getting rid of it, or breaking a bunch of it off because it's out of control. I agree that I have to do something. I can't just let it take over the house, but I'm sentimental about it. It seems metaphorical of my healing. It's not like I fear that I will regress if we cut down or get rid of the plant, but it's nice to see a medicinal plant just thriving like that. Reminds me how far I've come.

This entry is boring me, so I'm sure it's boring to read. I just don't have much to say these days. I'll get my writing spirit back, I'm sure. I just need a break sometimes. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

LaUra said...

Thanks for the update. And with the plant, you could always cut off the bottom leaves. It will grow up instead of up AND out.