Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Think I'll Go to Boston

I leave for Boston at 2am tomorrow night. I have a lot to get done before then, and here I am at the library wasting time. I wanted to blog about the beautiful sky I saw on my way here. It was like day North of me with the bright blue sky with white clouds that almost looked like a bunch of lines in a painting. South of me there was a gray and bluish type sky that was rather gloomy. To the West there was a beautiful sunset with orange, blue, pink, and purple. Then to the East there was just a solid salmon color. I felt like I was in a cartoon. I had never seen anything quite like it. It was beautiful and put me in a good mood despite the fact that I spent most of today alone and lost my keys yesterday.

I noticed my keys were missing when I noticed my bag was unzipped yesterday after my religion class. I retraced all of my steps then cleaned my room to look for them. After no sign of them I e-mailed my religion professor to ask if he had seen them as he left. He did not, but told me to check in the Dean's office in that building because they had a lost and found. I did, but they did not have them. I was able to leave my information in case they do find them. I also checked both desks in my dorm and the cafeteria. I have no idea where they could be. I hope that it was just me being dumb and that they are hiding somehwere I have yet to look, but I think I remember putting them in my bag...so who knows where they could have fallen out at.

We had a great discussion in my religion class about religious experiences and if we think these epiletic seizures that make people think they are experiencing God are real. It was interesting to hear everyone's personal opinions. I finished my book about the nun with that type of epilepsy and it was beautifully written. I am now half way through Sylvia Plath's. "The Bell Jar," James picked it up for me at a used book store because he knew I had been looking for it. It is brilliantly written. It is an autobiographical novel and with her being so weirdly brilliant it is easy to see how she was so depressed and crazy.

Today a friend of a friend that sits by us in class told me, "I was so glad I saw you yesterday. You looked so cheerful and happy. You are just one of those happy people that makes it contagious." I couldn't believe it, because all I did was smile and wave at this girl on her bike. Not to mention I felt like a Debbie Downer for so long, it was amazing to hear that I seem so joyful. It made my day. I have been feeling pretty good, which is exciting. I just agreed to go back to New Orleans over Christmas break. I am looking forward to going back and being mentally and physically healthy. It should be great. Well, I am stressed. I have a ton to do, but I am going to go listen to an author read some fiction with James instead of work. I am sure it will all gone...anyway, "I think I'll go to Boston where noone knows my name."

No comments: