Sunday, October 07, 2007

Meaningless

It is so unbelievably hot in the dorms. I can't believe it's October. It's hard for me to blog and write on my computer because it gets hot. I am surviving and staying unfortnately busy, and I am really looking forward to getting away for a few days and going home. I am procrastinating finishing my paper I entitled, "Climbing the Pyramid," about Abraham Maslow's theories of religion. I am enjoying it, because I like him so much, but I worry I am getting off topic with too much personal stuff, so i should probably look up some more facts.

Today lisa stopped by on her way to a workshop up north. It was a lovely surprise. We went to coffee, had cookies, and I showed her some writing. I miss writers group a lot. I will also get to see Chris from writers group this week at Peace Song, so it will be nice to reunite with some of them.

Today I remembered this quote while talking to lisa. It's from the movie I watched about the Beat poets with Adam. It is something along the line of, "If we love to protect us from hate, then maybe we hate to protect us from love." I really like that quote. This is a meaningless entry, but I needed to post something new.

No comments: