Friday, February 18, 2011

Awakening

The last few weeks have been educational in many ways. I booked tickets to LA to visit April and Evan because it was either that or no tickets to go on Spring Break at all. That resulted in drama because I could not afford to go see Laura. I don't want to blame anyone for that drama, because I know Laura and everyone else knows how much I'm dying to see her. It's just that I needed to go on Spring Break, and with the way things worked out, I needed to go to LA. Even though, I am sad to hear I won't see Laura, I am excited to spend a week with April and Evan. They are some of the most, educated and logical people I know. I think a week with them will not only be fun for us all, but a good time for me to sort things out. I need a break from the chaos of image, school, and relationships. I really don't have much to say on that, but my relationship history is not anything to be proud of, and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

In my psychology of women class, I learn so much. I don't even know where to start telling you all about it. I just know that I was already a feminist who believed in equality, but when I come out of this class every morning, I feel angry and politically charged. I feel like I could save the world sometimes after walking out of class. I know that's idealistic, but it's still nice to be reminded what kind of fight I am in and be able to look forward to the progress I am apart of. I already knew things weren't equal, but I'm being reminded of what kind of strides we need to take to reach that goal.

I have so much more to say, but little that is coming to mind now. Probably more to say this weekend. Thanks for reading what little reflection I have.

No comments: