Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Runners High

I was feeling angry at the world today. I was really upset my little sister (through the big brother big sister program) was taken away from her home and put into foster care. She was seperated from her 4 other brothers and sisters. It really ruined my day. I was even more upset, because I didn't get to say goodbye because I was sick last week. It is terrible what kids have to go through today. I was angry because no one seemed to care about it when I told them. Sometimes it pisses me off the world is so cruel and careless to one another.

I went to the nursing home after school. That helped a little, but it is always kind of a sad place. I still didn't feel happy when I came home. I decided to go for a run, because I hadn't ran since the big run Sunday. I am proud of myself I had a really great run. I ran 3.6 miles pretty hard. I was definately tired when I got home, but I felt like a new person. That runners high I have discovered from cross country is one of the best things to happen to me. I feel like a totally different person than I was just an hour ago.

I have no school tomorrow so I am going out with the girls tonight! It should be fun. I haven't hung out with a group of people in a while. I felt bad, because I have so much stuff I need to get done. I can worry about all that tomorrow though. Tonight is a night to just let loose and have fun!

Well, I was all upset earlier and ws planning on writing a lot to vent. Lucky for all of you, I have this runners high and I am feelin great so I have nothing to write about.

2 comments:

SailorAshley said...

being the oldest of 5 has made me very 'child aware' if you will. i also get very upset when a kid is harmed..by her own parents no less. I mean, hello, thats YOUR child, she came out of your body, you created her. abusive parents are lucky i don't have access of guns.

J. Miguel Meeks said...

I went to a hospice and nursing home in the same day two weeks ago. It was quite sad yet there was something that felt good about it. I think I want to start doing it more often, that is volunteering at the nursing home. We played Bingo. And boy do I have a story for you about how a 102 year old bitched me out because she did not want to play Bingo. She just wanted to eat dinner in the room where we were playing bingo even though dinner would not be for another two hours.