Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thinking Positive

It has been brought to my attention my last several blogs have been pessimistic. It's easy to get stuck in that thought-process. Thanks to lisa, one of my writing teachers, I have been reminded what looking to others for guidance can do.

Today I am thinking of a young man from the hospital. He came into my room and gave me a cup of popcorn they had made in the kitchen--even though patients are not allowed in other patients rooms. It was a very kind gesture, because I was isolating myself in my room.

Every day, they had us set daily goals. His was always, "to stay thinking positive," which always made me laugh because it is so vague. They usually liked us to set goals that could be measured and achieved for confidence building. He was so upbeat about it. They'd say, "What's your goal for today?" He'd answer, "Just to keep it positive. I'm gonna stay positive."

I'm so overwhelmed with school work. I think that is what is contributing to my mood. I'm working hard though, and setting little goals. The weather is beautiful, and I feel free walking around coatless.

My goal for tomorrow is to be more positive. I'm just gonna stay positive :)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I like this post Aimee. :)

I think that it is a very good idea and I admire you for trying to stay positive. It is a very good thing to do and I hope that it works out well for you.
You are doing great friend and I think that you have come so far in so many ways, keep up all of the positive thoughts and I will send some your way too! :)

I love you friend.