Friday, May 16, 2008

Writing About Writing (Again)

"A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."

-Thomas Mann

My writing has been going really well the past two days, which was much needed, because I was losing faith in it. That's what keeps me writing--the way I never know when it's going to get good. That's why I have to write every day. Sometimes I mope and complain about it, but I keep dragging that stupid pen on paper and typing meaningless thoughts to keep the discipline. Then, once in a while, instead of looking at the clock and watching the time pass, I can't stop writing. During these rare occasions, I write abnormally fast (and sloppy) to keep up with the ideas, then look at the clock and realize hours have passed by without the slightest hint of disappearance. I probably shouldn't have messed up my flow to blog, because I don't know if I will be able to jump right back into it, but I had to get it in writing (I like how things only feel true if I see it in writing), that my writing was going well. Hopefully it will continue going well, because I have lots of goals and ideas. 

Oh and I'm dropping that psych class. On rate my professor, most of my classes said things like, "good class, but lots of papers and prof. grades tough." I decided I couldn't do 19 credits, but I HAVE to have a writing class. I will go crazy without one. I can try to take a summer class, and if that doesn't work I will take a different semester off of writing to get out in 4 years.

I intend to pick a topic to blog about soon and stop rambling about my life. I like to have a decent, meaningful entry every now and then. I just don't feel like it. Maybe when my writing starts getting discouraging again I will put effort into a blog entry. I'm just trying to keep up blogging, because when I get out of the habit, I end up taking months off, which is lame.

No comments: