Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Slow Internet Makes Blogging Difficult

I'm moved into my new apartment. I really like it. I should take pictures and post them at some point. It has high ceilings, which makes everything feel more spacious than it really is. I've even had room to play hackie sac in the living room when no one is around. Leslie brought one of those things I can plug my ipod into and listen to it like a stereo for our kitchen. It's a blast listening to my music while I practice hackie sac. It feels good to be up here. This is the smoothest transition yet, although, I'm aware classes haven't actually started. I haven't felt lonely or down yet. It's nice to have Leslie and Beth up here too. We all played board games and went to ice cream tonight with my friend, Laura, and her roommate, Elizabeth. We are all pretty competitive so we get into some intense games that usually involve a lot of inappropriate language and sore winning and losing.

I haven't had much time to be insightful and really write or reflect on things. I expected I would do that when I had those few days alone. Instead I hung out with friends and unpacked a lot.

I'm actually looking forward to classes starting, but not so much that I'm not enjoying my time up here with no homework. Tomorrow night we are talking about tubing down the river. I'm looking forward to that a great deal. It feels great to be content with where I am at right now and settled in.

No comments: