Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Calling all Girls!

Before I get to my real reason behind this post, I would like to anounce I have quit work. I left on good terms, my boss was extremely nice and understanding. He didn't get mad at all. I am so thankful it all worked out. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. I don't know what I will do with all of my free time, but to be honest with cross country I don't have as much free time as I thought I would. I have been having a nice week. It has had its up and downs but it has all worked out for the best. Enough of my normal life though... onto the real reason!

I am hoping to do a project for independent similiar to that book I was raving about, Ophelia Speaks. I thought the different voices were so amazing from adolescent girls. It was so real and deep. I have been ecouraged to do a similiar thing, but I am making a twist on it. I am hoping to make an e-anthology with different pieces of writing from young girls on "coming of age." This can be anything from a story about a spiritual story, a break-up or boyfriend story, feelings witnessing something dramatic, friends, family.... anything at all that shaped you as a person at some point in your journey to adulthood. It can be for all ages of girls as long as it involves "coming of age" or something that effected your coming of age. I am going to have an anonomous folder in ms. eddy's room for those who attend the high school and wish to be left unnamed. Those who are in college... Rhiannon, Ashley, and anyone who stumble upon this. I would love it if you would help contribute to my project. You can email them to me at my e-mail. It should be listed as a link, but I have never done this link thing before. If there is a problem let me know. I know everyone is probably to busy to write for me, but it can be an old piece or anything you think is important. I am hoping to get a good collection going and not just a couple of pieces. I plan to write up a letter one day soon to pass out to girls at school. Thanks for taking the time to read this... I really look forward to reading pieces people will generously allow me to use in my e-anthology. I will list you as the author unless you wish to go unnamed. Write on!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How optimized blogs boost search engine visibility
Optimized blogs can help boost a web site's positioning within natural search engine results, according to SEM provider MoreVisibility.com, in a new report on the topic.
Hi, I have been blog surfing for the latest information on a effective search engine placement and somehow I ended up on your blog. Obviously I must have made a wrong turning somewhere, but I have to say that I’m certainly glad that I did! Would you mind if I bookmark you perhaps?

Sparkle Aimee said...

Wow. Lots of spam within two secons of publishing post. Also I was in a hurry, but could I have spelled any worse than I did in that post. I appologize if anyone is offended by my terrible typing. Also I forgot to stress it is for my Independent Study (Creative Writing Class)... Sorry I'm a bit out of it tonight. I hope to hear from some people!

grooveadam said...

This sounds really ambituous. Why don't you interview people if you don't end up getting many papers? You might have a hard time trying to get high school girls to write essays for your purposes. People might get more intimate with you in an interview than you would think.

SailorAshley said...

i don;t think your link works

RHIANNON said...

aimee - i'll gladly participate!! when do you need it by?

water life said...

coming of age -
to feel your age...
not just the one you turned that year but all the ages you've ever been.