Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Good Times

This week has actually been pretty fun. I never used to talk about a school week being fun, because it was always the same. Practice, food, homework until the early morning hours. It was hard to enjoy myself in that kind of lifestyle. I am still busy, but I am actually doing things I love. Homework only takes up an hour or so before bed. I like it a lot. I went to Saline with my friend Kristin on Monday. We had to pick up our cross country shirts, that our former Arsenal coach made for us. It was great to see my coach again. He has always acted as a surrogate father to me and my teammates. It was sad to reminisce about all of our good times and hear about how the team is doing without us. Everything is the same as it always was on Arsenal, Kristin and I are just no longer apart of it. I have some great memories from Arsenal, but I do not regret leaving. I love Cross COuntry and I would not be able to do half of what I am doing now if I still had to drive to Ann Arbor daily.

I am having a blast with all of my senior friends. I now make it more of a priority to hang out with them, even if I am tired. I try to enjoy every day, even when I am counting down the hours until school is out. Cross Country is going well. I have gained a lot more confidence than I would have playing soccer. I would almost go as far to say soccer even takes away some of my confidence. I have been making it a priority to stay in touch with my family. I have the Lisa Loeb concert to look forward too on October 11th. I haven't been to a concert in so long and never on a school night. I finally made an acceptable bowl on the potters wheel today after over a week of screwing up. Also I am on homecoming court with some of my closest friends. We will get the day off to dress up and ride in a convertible in the parade. Plus my family will all come to that. I am excited. It should be a blast.

Work is still not my thing. I dread every day going in, but I can't complain too much. I don't get scheduled much (Which is good!) and I still get some spending cash every now and then. This year is a complete 180 from last year. I am enjoying every minute of it. Yes, I still have bad days from time to time. I have just learned how to pay attention to what's important... family, friends, happiness, and my health. I seemed to neglect all of that last fall. Thanks to my friends and family out there for helping this year be so much better than this year. I feel happy and fortunate. I can't fight the urge to say "good times... good times!" like my favority Saturday Nighlive radio D.J.'s.

2 comments:

tiro said...

Hey Aimee. It's good to hear things are going better (even if in second hour there is ALWAYS a little bit of drama to tell). I would never have known that you were having such a tough time last year, you always seemed so cheerful, although at times a little desperately so. It's good to focus on the IMPORTANT things, like friends and family, and all the stuff you said. I hope this year keeps going well for you. =)

SailorAshley said...

i took ceramics both semesters in 10th grade and i was so bad at it, it wasn't even funny.