Sunday, September 18, 2005

I do love weekends

Yesterday I arrived at the highschool at 6:45 in the morning for our away meet up by Detroit. It was very intimidating. There were so many teams and runners there. We had to lace this computer chip into our shoes. It would keep our time and when we crossed the finish line it beeped. We also had to wear those numbers that pin on to our jerseys like the marathon runners wear. I felt so out of place, since I am a first year runner. It ended up being a lot of fun. Varsity girls got to go first. I ended up getting my best time again. I can't believe how much I am improving. I was glad we went first, because then the rest of the day we spent there I didn't have to worry about running. The girls and I all pigged out on junk food and cheered for the boys.

When I got home I found out I didn't have to work because it wasn't busy at all. I was so happy, because then I was able to call Kristin, Sarah, and Cristina (all cross country girls) we all ended up just hanging out and being goofy the rest of the night. It was a really good time, but we were all about to fall asleep by 11:30. It was a very long tiring day for us. The weekend is gone now and I feel like I have a ton to do today. I think I need to make a to do list, becuase I feel overwhelmed and I am unsure of where to start with everything I need to do. I have barely touched my college essays in 2 weeks. I need to work more on them today. I have to do the usual Sunday homework and fill out a bunch of stuff for National Honors Society and the counseling office. I have to go to Saline today or tomorrow to get our cross country shirts from my coach from Arsenal. I also have to stop by the nursing home. There's a ton of laundry calling my name as well. I have to fgure out how I want to accomplish all that. I also want to get in the hottub, but that is obviously not a priority. It would help make me feel more relaxed though. Oh well, tomorrow will come whether I am ready or not. I will jsut do what I can and take it one day at a time... that's my usual weekly trip. Then I save it all for the weekend and do the same thing all over again. Everything is good though. I do love weekends.

No comments: