Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ahh Freedom

Well, if I would have had time to blog yesterday I would have been complaining the whole time. It is probably better I did not have time. Yeterday was awful. I had to rush from an exhausting cross country practice and then be late for work. I hate rushing. I arrived at work just in time for the hectic lunch hour. I was all flustered from rushing to get there. I kept messing up everything! It was so humiliating. The owner was working with me the whole time and I just screwed everything up. I didn't get to sit down or eat my entire shift. I got home at close to 3pm. I walked in the door to find out my soccer coach called. I called him back before eating or sitting. I then found out I had to get in touch with the 2 other soccer captains. We were to divide up the 15 girls to call. Wouldn't ya know I couldn't get a hold of them. I ended up making all 15 calls on my own. We were all supposed to meet at the fair to park cars for a fundraiser at 5:30. Well at 5 I had gone through the entire list and only one other girl could do it. I called my coach back... it actually was a blessing in disguise because then he was like well, we will just do it tomorrow and Wednesday then! I was so relieved. I had a terrible tension headache, my legs were soar from practice, and my feet were killing me from standing up all day. I was quickly cheered up by my family. I think that is why I am so scared to go to college. In my experience friends have never been able to cure a bad day like my family. I always feel like I owe my friends something if they are to do something nice for me. As soon as the next argument comes they have something on you. My family all went to the fair. WE just wlaked around and got junk food. It was fantastic.
Today I do not have to work. I am getting ready to get in the hottub. I am extremely soar from practice today. I have been running so hard. I have finished second every thing we have done (Right behind the captain) It is exciting to excel at something, but now every time we run, I feel obliged to be second. If I am feeling terrible, I still don't want to be passed by anyone on the team. Foolish pride makes me kill my body. One of these days I might just have to give up the act and accept coming in third or fourth at practice. (Meets will be a completely different story...I won't even see close to second... No one on our team will) I must say after reading the encouraging comments on my blog. I feel like maybe things aren't so bad. Everyone has bad days right? I get to do the same thing tomorrow as in rushing to work from practice. Hopefully I will be a little better at work. It sucks to look like an idiot. Thanks for caring everyone. I really do appreciate it.

2 comments:

SailorAshley said...

when i first started working at the bakery here, i labeled all the french bread wrong and then put it out not realizing what I had done until an hour later. I ended up waiting for my manager to leave before i fixed it bec i did't want to look stupid.
hee

grooveadam said...

I didn't know the fair was this week. Are you sure it wasn't seeing all of the white trash that cheered you up? Blogging is all about bitching so don't feel bad. I'll burn you a Bea Arthur CD for the next time your feet hurt.