Thursday, August 25, 2005

Racin' Towards Satisfaction

I did it! I ran our home course today. It was amazing. Coach had warned us that our times would not be very good, because our course is one of the hardest in the state. It is very hilly, to say the least. I actually ended up beating my time from Saturday by well over a minute!! That is insane. I cannot explain it. It felt great. Well, at the end I wanted to puke as I exited the woods to finish the last quarter of a mile. I was truly exhausted. My legs, lungs, and stomach was burning. I really didn't think I was capable of running faster, but I heard the girl behind me catching me. I refused to let her pass me, because it took me over 2 miles to pass her. I sprinted as fast as my legs would allow. I wanted to collapse when I finished, but when I saw my time I was so excited. It was great. I felt so in shape and healthy. Our entire team got killed, our best runner taking 10th and then myself taking 13th. That means that in the top 15 at least it was all Monroe runners except Kayleigh and I. Everyone did so well though. In terms of personal reacords and all. I was really proud to watch all my teammates. It is such a cool sport. Everyone is just doing their best and encouraging each other. I love it.

Today went really well. Everything seemed to go my way. I love having days like that, but it always scares me. I usually have a really bad day to follow them. I hope tomorrow goes well.People can say karma isn't real, but it always seems to take course in my life. I have an English quiz on Paradise Lost. I am unsure how to study for it. I think I am going to go in in the morning to ask for help. I missed some of that class for C.C. today. Everything is going well, but I feel like Ihave a ton of homework I should do this weekend. It is weird. It all sneaks up on me. I have all this stuff I should be doing, but my curse of procrastination kills me. This weekend I am going to try to get back on track and even a little ahead.

Saturday I am supposed to go with a prayer group tp the Sand Dunes to swim and stuff. It sounds fun, but it is going to take my whole day. I was excited to have a weekend off from C.C. and work. I don't know if I will go for sure. There is a comedian going to be in town I wanted to catch as well. I just don't know. I wish all of my "Stress freee" time wasn't so stressful. Things have been going well overall though. Cross COuntry is really making me feel good about myself. I think I have been needing some kind of activity to boost my confidence. Tomorrow is Friday. I can't believe my first week of school is done. This year is going to fly by faster than a jetplane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great Aimee. I know you were stressed about it. You did great. Now if you can just get through your quiz tomorrow ;)

grooveadam said...

I loved Paradise Lost
especially all the parts on Hell

J. Miguel Meeks said...

OH Adam Lewis!