Sunday, August 14, 2005

What Now?

I woke up this morning to an empty house. I knew my mom was at church, but I was not sure about the rest of the family. It turns out my dad was at the grocery store and my sister was still sleeping (I did not know this because she went to bed before 9pm and it was 10:30am.) She was exhausted from staying up all night the night before. She slept almost 14 hours! As I walked through the empty house I felt so lost. I have just one more week of summer. It is going to be packed with cross country practices at 9:30 am and working 11am-2:30. I also have to park cars for the soccer team one night. I am not complaining, I just don't know how the summer is done. I have not accomplished anything I had intended to. My room is a mess, I have half-read books, and one half finished painting. I had so much I was going to do this summer. Now with one full week ahead of me, I realize I have done nothing. I did enjoy it though, so that is important. I enjoy my time to do absolutely nothing. It's just this morning I had nothing planned, but I knew I had stuff to do. I just couldn't get myself to do them. It seems when I am blessed with free time, I never want to do anything. It just seems like all of my "free time" is gone. I have a meet for cross country this coming Saturday. I will not be ready for it, after only a week of official practices. Sunday we have a family reunion. The next Saturday I have two obligations that are overlapping. I am going to have to choose one. Plus I am going to have school, work and cross country all factoring in to it all. I am thankful to be busy and have things to do. I just hope it does not become too overwhelming to the point where I do not appreciate it all.
I went on a shoppin escapade with my mom and my little sister today. I stepped out of my fashion box a little, and shopping always makes everything better. I got a great athletic tank top for practice tomorrow, so even if a suck I will look cute haha. I am actually not that nervous for practices I am actually kind of excited. The meet next Saturday is a completely different story! I think I might pee my pants on that one! I am happy but overwhelmed with all of the new changes in my life. I swear I am not complaining though...life is good.

2 comments:

SailorAshley said...

so cute
i will be home in a week, maybe i will see you when i come to visit your bro

J. Miguel Meeks said...

You know I always struggle between being busy and being bored.Earlier in the spring/summer I was working two jobs, taking spring classes, and interning in Detroit two times on the same day all Monday-Friday. Once I finished class I headed for work then after work class.I would have days where I would just drop cause I had no more energy. Those were the days I enjoyed going to bed , I felt like I had a right to, I actually accomplished a lot. Even more so looking back on it I enjoyed those days more than the one's I'm experiencing now. I really looked forward to my weekends, now everyday feels like the weekend to me. So even though you are super busy take pride in the feeling of accomplishment and when you hit the sack know that you deserve it!! JAy