Friday, August 19, 2005

Rough Night

Tonight work went awful. It was awful. I know I have complained a lot about work, but tonight takes the cake for bad nights. I screwed up so many little things again. Mostly I guess I am just to slow. I can't help it because I am so worried about screwing up and forgetting things, that I always double check everything. That is when I get yelled at. I came home bawling (not one of my most proud moments, crying over a minimum wage job) but I felt like the biggest loser ever. Honestly if I can't work a minimum wage job... what will I ever be able to do? Nothing like feeling like a moron in front of a ton of people.
I might not be able to perform the tasks well, but the people that come through the drive through seem to like me. I have made a few tips and received many smiles. Today one guy said he remembered me from last time he came in. I could tell he liked me because he asked me how I have been and etc... I like him as well. He is a friendly, care-free sort of guy, that is probably around 50. At least I know if I can't do anything, I can talk to people. That's not a bad skill to have.
Last night some of my best girlfriends came over to visit. It was a weird reminder of how we are all going different ways. I feel like they barely know me anymore. Maybe they feel like I don't k now them... I just don't know.
Practice went great today. We only ran 3 miles, but it was for time. Drew, Kristin, or Sarah wasn't there. Those are the girls that really push me. I was still able to push myself pretty hard. I pulled off a 24 minute 3 mile. I am not sure if that is good or bad, because Ihave never been a runner for time. I guess it doesn't matter, because I feel so good afterwards. It is one thing I do, where even though I won't place in races, I will still feel great just to run my best for a 5K race. With soccer I never feel good about myself unless I did something spectacular or we won. Tomorrow is an easy practice, since we have our meet Saturday. I am also taking my friend Kate out before she leaves for college. Plus Adam is coming home. Tomorrow should be a good day. It will definately pick me up from today. Well, what's left of me that needs to be picked up. I would say my parents and the hottub really helped pick me up a lot already.

1 comment:

SailorAshley said...

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but, you should apply to JC Penney's. I know they would hire you in a heartbeat, especially if you mention that you are adam's sister.